9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Monday to Friday


Call Us to Schedule a Consultation






In many situations, employers may apply and obtain permanent residency for their employees. Often times, their employees are in non-immigrant visa categories such as H-1B or L-1, among others. The PERM labor certification process allows an employer to make these non-immigrant employees into permanent employees. Sometimes, the employee is eligible for an EB-2 immigrant visa.   There are two different United States government agencies in charge of most employment-based green card applications for foreign professionals: the Department of Labor (DOL) and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The DOL must certify to the USCIS that there are not sufficient U.S....

Continue reading


The EB-2 Visa (or EB2 Green Card) is the Second Preference employment-based green card category for immigrants of exceptional ability or advanced degrees. Second Preference applicants must have a labor certification approved by the Department of Labor (DOL), or Schedule A designation, or establish that they qualify for one of the shortage occupations in the Labor Market Information Pilot Program.   A job offer is required, though those considering this visa path may apply for exemption from the job offer and labor certification requirement if the exemption would be in the national interest of the United States.   Applicants are categorized based on their...

Continue reading